Übermut - "das vermessene Vertrauen eines Menschen auf seine eigenen Kräfte“ - Friedrich Kirchner, Philosoph 1845-1900
The english meaning of Übermut: "ueber" means over the top and “Mut” means courage. So its something like “high spirits” I suppose.
My name is Christian Lutz, serial entrepreneur in internet based tech companies, and I founded in 2003 UBER.MUT as my investment vehicle for private funding activities 2003-2013. Companies that ueber.mut had interest in included:
• Impossible Project - Polaroid film resurrection
• RJDJ.ME - a music revolution
• Fatfoogoo.com - ingame commerce SaaS for game companies
• Soup.io - collect web assets in one place
• Swissies - healthy children shoes
• ucp morgen / Qpass - mobile content delivery SaaS for Telcoęs
• uboot.com – a huge (7mio users) youth community portal
• Sysis wireless - mobile games
• sms.at - sms platform
• Telepong - the first linux based mobile phone (2000!)
and some others.
after 10 years I stopped the operation of the fund, because all companies somehow were either sold or failed (2). Overall this fund was my huge personal success, mainly driven by UCP/QPASS exit and FATFOOGOO exit, and I lost some cash with Swissies and Soup.io. It was an exciting learning and adventure in SaaS, consumer, retail, production, online/offline across many industries.
And I realized while running so many things at the same time, that I really want to build again my own thing, focus on it and push this to success.
That’s why I went out of all boards and advisory roles (1 exeception) and again launched a new venture in 2013 with some heavy duty tech boys, an exciting deep tech startup: www.crate.io
I donęt take new investment ideas or proposals for the time being, I am fully focussed on CrateDB.
Thx for stopping by,